Friday, August 27, 2010
Here's some advice to use on your next shopping trip that can save you money and help you stop buying useless things.
♥ Stop Buying Unnecessarily ♥
1) Have an idea of what you want to buy. A small list on a piece of paper or a shopping list app your phone keeps you from buying things you don't need.
2) When a sales person offers you a bag or basket to "help make shopping easier for you" don't take it!! The bags or baskets are usually huge and can hold a lot of stuff, which will tempt you to buy more stuff than necessary. Holding things in your hands helps you buy less. Only take a bag or basket when you expect to buy a large amount of items.
3) When shopping in a mall, go around and buy everything you need first. Then if your hungry buy something to eat before going back around the mall to see if there's anything you might want. Only do this if you have money left that you don't mind spending. Sometimes its okay to buy something you weren't planning to get if you really like it.
4) Don't go shopping with people who over spend or are at a different economic level than you. People with more money will make you want to spend more so you don't feel left out and people with less money will keep you from buying all the things you want so you don't make them feel bad.
5) Don't buy something you think you might have at home. If you think something you're about to buy might be something you already have, don't get it! If you're not sure if you have it already, check home first before going back to purchase it.
6) Clean you're room! Cleaning helps you organize and throw out things you no longer need. It also helps you find things you wont have to buy again which keeps you from buying unnecessarily. Plus straightening up your room can burn up to 170 calories according to caloriecount.about.com
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Omg my first beauty haul!!! It saddens me that its not a lot of stuff but anyway...
So I recently went on Cherry Culture.com and bought some NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss and L.A. Colors' 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow Palettes.
Delivery was great! I didn't have to wait too long. Everything was bundled up in a neat little protective pouch made of bubble wrap. This was refreshing to see after all the NYX Round Lipstick I bought from Ulta.com were broken and half melted when I got it. I had to put them in the fridge for two hours :(
They just threw it in an empty box with nothing to protect it. Let's just say its the last time I'll get anything from them! But I digress...
About the NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss ♥
I purchased Crystal Soda and Natural
1.There are a ton of shades to choose from
2.It's not too sticky
4.Has cute bows on top ♥♥♥
5.Cheap Cheap Cheap!! @ $3.75 each
6.Bad thing is it kinda smells like cough syrup...so if that smell bothers you don't by it
About the L.A. Colors' 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow Palette ♥
I purchased Wildflowers and Unforgettable
1.Gorgeous pigmented colors
2.Cute compact packaging
3.Stay put on my lid for a long time
4.Cheap Cheap Cheap!! @ $3.00 each
5.Wildflowers is really pretty ♥ Its the third time I've bought it
6.Bad thing is??? There is no bad thing! Buy it! Buy it now!!
Check out Cherry Culture.com for makeup at low discounted prices
They have sales on their already low prices all the time so don't miss out ♥♥♥
Who wouldn't want to strut through the colorful leaves in the fab foot-wear brought to you by LuLus.com ♥
From boots to pumps they have all the cute goodies you'll need to decorate your footsies!!
Check out LuLus.com for your fashion needs!
Photos from LuLus.com
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Just some pics of the stuff I really liked from the Fall Fashion issue of MC with Mary-Kate Olsen on the cover and in a 10~ page spread shot by Tesh plus an interview. Also some pics from the 10 page fashion editorial spread also shot by Tesh ♥
Pick up the new issue of MC now!
So I go to my mailbox and its stuffed with mad...stuff...for lack of a better word lol.
Most of it were bills so I didn't really pay too much attention to everything until this huge magazine fell out.
It's the September "Fall Fashion" issue of Marie Claire Magazine. Pick it up, you'll love it ♥
Mary-Kate Olsen is on the cover!
I love August. Its the month before most schools open so everyone is shopping for school supplies and a new wardrobe for a new year. Magazines help by creating huge fall fashion issues filled with the latest fashion and beauty goodies for that new school year.
Above are some pics of how hefty this issue is. I'm kinda upset that my tiffany blue sheets I paid $60 for show up white or heather grey in photos :(
♥ Subscribe to MC today ♥